How Tonact Tablet works?
Tonact Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called statins. It is used to reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering the “bad” cholesterol (LDL) level.
Cholesterol is a fatty substance that builds up in the blood vessels and causes narrowing.
This increases the risk of heart attack or stroke. If you are at risk due to conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, etc.,
Doctors can still prescribe this medicine. This tablet contains atorvastatin as the main ingredient.
Violip is used in adults and children who are at least 10 years old.
What is the usual dose of Tonact Tablet?
- Usual dose: The initial dose of Tonact is 10 mg or 20 mg once a day. Patients who require a large reduction in LDL-C (more than 45%) should be started taking a 40 mg tablet dose once daily.
- The dose range is 10 mg to 80 mg once daily.
- For prevention of heart disease (CVD): For primary prevention, the recommended dose is 10 mg once daily.
- For Primary Hypercholesterolemia and Combined (Mixed) Hyperlipidemia: Most patients are controlled with 10 mg of TONACT daily.
- For patients 10 years of age and older, the initial dose of Tonact can be directed from 10 mg to 20 mg.
You should consult your doctor for the dosage of this tablet. You should not take any medicine without consulting a doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Tonact Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Tonact Tablet, then you should take this tablet as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then leave the missed dose. But do not take double dose of medicine simultaneously. This can harm your health.
What should I do in case of overdose or emergency?
When a drug is taken at a dose higher than the recommended dose, it is called an overdose. Overdose always requires a clinical test.
An overdose of the tablet can cause side effects on one or different organs in the body. If you have mistakenly taken an overdose of the tablet, see your doctor immediately.
How should you use Tonact Tablet?
- Violip should be taken as single dose at any time of the day, with or without food as directed by the doctor.
- While taking the tablet, remember not to break or crush it, but swallow it directly with a glass of water.
- Be sure to read the instructions on the label before consuming the tablet. At the same time, it should be kept in mind that neither the dosage nor the tablet should be consumed in greater quantity than the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without asking the doctor. To get maximum benefit from the tablet, try taking the tablet at the same time every day.
What can be the side effects of Tonact Tablet?
- If you see hives, shortness of breath, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat as a sign of an allergic reaction to Tonact. So immediately stop taking the medicine and see a doctor.
- In rare cases, Tonact can cause a condition that results in rupture of skeletal muscle tissue that can cause kidney failure. Report to your doctor immediately if you have muscle pain or weakness. Especially if you have fever, abnormal fatigue and dark-colored urination.
In these cases, stop the consumption of the tablet and immediately contact the doctor if you
- Kidney problems – very little urine passing, painful urination or difficulty passing urine, swelling of legs or ankles, feeling tired, etc.
- Liver problems – nausea, epigastric pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark-colored urination, clay colored stool, jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) etc.
- Stroke signs – sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, problems with vision or balance.
Common side effects may include
- Muscle or joint pain,
- stomach enlargement
- Stomach ache etc.
What should I know before using Tonact Tablet ?
Tonact Tablet can cause alzheimer ‘s disease, memory loss, and confusion in some patients. However, these symptoms usually disappear gradually after discontinuing use of the drug.
Increased blood sugar level
Consumption of this tablet may cause an increase in blood glucose levels in the body as well as glycated hemoglobin levels. It is recommended to closely monitor blood sugar levels during use. Dose adjustment may also be required depending on the clinical condition.
Muscle degradation in the elderly
Tonact Tablet can cause muscle breakdown, especially in elderly patients with symptoms such as severe fatigue and weakness. Dose adjustment or an alternative therapy may be required depending on the patient’s clinical condition.
The use of this tablet may increase the chances of liver damage. The risk of liver failure is very high in patients with an active liver disease. Therefore, the use of this medicine is not recommended in people suffering from liver disease
Tablet intake can create a fatal condition where muscles in the body may deteriorate and release into the bloodstream. This can also damage the kidney.
Do not take the medicine if you have any allergy with Atorvastatin present in the tablet.
The tablet may have side effects if you have had a heart attack in recent times. Dose adjustment may be considered in such cases with a suitable option under the supervision of your doctor.
Is it safe to take Tonact Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for use in women who are or may be pregnant. Consumption of this medicine is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding due to the risk of serious adverse effects to the infant.
What medicines can react with Tonact Tablet?
Each drug reacts differently on every person. Before taking this medicine, please consult the doctor regarding its reaction. Especially if you are taking the following medicines-
Does Tonact Tablet react with food or alcohol?
Use of the tablet may cause liver and kidney problems if you consume a large amount of alcohol while being treated with this medicine. It is not advised to use grapefruit juice while using this tablet. Contact your doctor for more information about this.
How to store Tonact Tablet ?
Tonact Tablet should be stored at room temperature, try not to place it in direct sunlight. The tablet should not be stored in the refrigerator. Also keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets. Eat it before the tablet expires, while if the tablet is to be consumed for a long time, then consult the doctor. If the medicine expires, it should be consulted by the pharmacist about how to dispose it.
In what form?
This medicine is available in tablet form.
Hope this article helps you a lot. Even after all the guidelines mentioned in this article, take this tablet only if advised by your doctor.
Conclusion: If you have any questions about the tonact tablet, please comment below. Our team will respond as soon as possible, and if you get any help with this post, please share it with others, thanks